A Sacred Space
Chose a special place in your home for your framed photo of your Inner Child:
- A small table
- A dresser or nightstand in your bedroom
- A quiet area that doesn’t get much foot-traffic
- A meditation space
Adorn the space with items that are meaningful to you:
- Images of healing beings (Buddha, Jesus, Kwan-Yin), angels, or other spirit guides
- Symbols or totems
- Cloths or textiles that you like
- Sacred stones
- Plants or flowers
- Candles or incense
Make offerings as often as it feels right by bringing this little child in the picture presents as a way to honor and cherish him/her/them, such as:
- A flower
- Another item from nature: a special leaf, feather, rock/gemstone
- A small toy
- Anything else that denotes your love for this child
Create a ritual (daily or weekly) to connect with your inner child by spending time with her/him/them:
- Set aside ten to fifteen minutes to sit quietly and gaze at your younger self in the image, or close your eyes and visualize your inner child.
- Breathe. Be with them.
- You may place a hand over your heart and a hand over your belly, offering warmth and gentle touch to your little self within.
- Take your time. Make space for them to communicate with you.
- Affirm her/him/them.
Allow yourself to experience the reverence, admiration, tenderness, compassion, or appreciation that arise over time from within for this child.