Whole Self Therapy Modalities
One of the most common questions I get from potential clients is “what are the types of modalities you use in your work?”
The short answer: my style is eclectic, integrative, and holistic.
The long answer: my style is informed by some of the great theories in psychology, including the following.
- attachment theory
- parts work (multiplicity of Self)
- the idea that imagination is imperative in the healing process
- Buddhist philosophy
- bringing the unconscious material in our psyches into our conscious awareness has powerful healing benefits
- trauma is stored in the physical and emotional body
- we use the coping skills we do today because, at one time, they kept us psychologically safe
- it’s the therapeutic relationship that heals, beyond any one specific technique
- it takes courage to heal
Areas of Expertise
Whole Self Therapy® PLLC